Air protection measures
In order to use associated petroleum gas (hereinafter – APG) rationally, reduce its flaring and diminish air pollutant emissions to the atmosphere, in 2017, OJSC “Surgutneftegas” is planning to implement the following measures:
- APG processing at the Company’s gas processing plant in Khanty-Mansiysky Autonomous Okrug – Yugra;
- use of APG to maintain reservoir pressure in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) by compression and injection into formation;
- use of APG as fuel in various types of equipment, such as boiler plants, furnaces, initial water separation units, oil treatment plants, production premises and motor vehicles heating systems, etc.;
- reduction of air pollutants emission during the periods of adverse meteorological conditions in the territory of settlements;
- performing regular operating setup of fuel-fired equipment;
- performance management of gas treatment units, their inspection, current repair and overhaul;
- control of air pollutant emissions at all stationary and mobile units;
- implementation of program on construction, reconstruction and upgrading of small-scale power generation facilities which use APG for power generation.
In order to maintain a high level of APG utilization at the new and current fields, the Company plans to build new infrastructure for APG utilization: a gas turbine power plant at the Yuzhno-Nyurymskoye field in Tyumenskaya Oblast, 2 low pressure separation compressor stations at the Severo-Talakanskoye and the Vostochno-Alinskoye oil and gas condensate fields in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), a gas pipeline at the Yuzhno-Konitlorskoye field in Khanty-Mansiysky Autonomous Okrug – Yugra, reconstruction of low pressure separation compressor station at the Talakanskoye oil and gas condensate field in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) and technical reequipment of compressor station of the ISWU-2A at the Bystrinskoye field in Khanty-Mansiysky Autonomous Okrug – Yugra and a gas consumption system of gas turbine units of gas turbine power plant at the Talakanskoye oil and gas condensate field. Project costs for the program on the construction of air protection facilities are expected to be RUB 2.2 billion from the Company’s own funds. Construction of a gas turbine power plant at the Yuzhno-Nyurymskoye field is included into the plan of core measures for holding the Year of Ecology in the Russian Federation approved by the Government of the Russian Federation. This is the 23rd gas turbine power plant in OJSC “Surgutneftegas” which is used for utilization of APG produced at the Yuzhno-Nyurymskoye and the Demyanskoye fields in Uvatsky District, Tyumenskaya Oblast, for electric and thermal energy generation to provide the production facilities with those.
With the commissioning of the gas turbine power plant at the Yuzhno-Nyurymskoye field the Company will almost finish the construction of infrastructure for APG utilization which currently consists of 22 gas turbine power plants and seven gas reciprocating engine power plants.
Thanks to completing the program for construction, reconstruction and technical reequipment of APG utilization facilities, in 2017, the level of APG utilization within the Company will amount to not less than 98.9%.
The solution to air protection problems with the use of a comprehensive engineering and environmental approach will allow the Company to use the valuable natural resource APG rationally by drawing it into production (power generation for the in-house needs in the locations where APG is produced), cancel the construction of many kilometers of power transmission lines mitigating the negative impact on the air, prevent exceedance of emission limit values, above-limit payments for emissions, penal and other sanctions from public oversight authorities and executive bodies. Due to implementation of air protection measures, in 2017, the Company expects to decrease pollutant emissions into the atmosphere by 3 million tonnes, including methane greenhouse gas in the amount of more than 0.2 million tonnes per year which is more than 5 million tonnes in CO2-equivalent.
All in all the Company expects to spend RUB 2.3 billion on measures to mitigate air pollution.