Requirements to waste management
All types of waste generated in stationary and mobile workplaces of the Company’s employees and its contractors, including domestic garbage, are considered production and consumption waste of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC. Failure to comply with waste management rules, even by one employee, can make the whole Company a violator of environmental requirements of the Russian Federation. The Company’s waste management is carried out in compliance with the license currently in force for collection, transportation, treatment, utilization, decontamination and disposal of waste of hazard classes
As a source of pollutants into the environment, waste can serve as a habitat for agents of dangerous diseases. All production and consumption waste is subject to separate stockpiling for their recording, further treatment, utilization, decontamination and disposal. Conditions and methods of these procedures should be safe for the environment and comply with the legislation of the Russian Federation and instructions approved by the Company.
1. General requirements to waste accumulation
1.1. Accumulation of waste for its further transportation and further treatment, utilization, decontamination and disposal by business units of the Company is performed as follows:
- by each shop or as common storage;
- in the allotted territory of an industrial site;
- separately according to hazard types and classes, aimed at its use as secondary raw materials, treatment, utilization and decontamination in specialized units or further disposal.
1.2. Conditions, routine and limit of waste accumulation, frequency of its transportation for further utilization, decontamination and disposal are determined by the hazard class (toxicological and physicochemical characteristics) of accumulated waste and its components, way of packing and size of a tank (container).
1.3. Accumulation of waste in undesignated areas is strictly prohibited.
1.4. Disposal of the facilities for accumulation of waste in the territory of I, II and III belts of sanitary protection zones of water supply points and within established water protection zones of water bodies is strictly prohibited.
1.5. All production and consumption waste generated in business units of the Company is subject to accumulation in special containers placed on special grounds for waste accumulation, in places of work performance related to waste generation, within industrial sites.
1.6. Organized safe management of hazard class
2. Requirements to waste accumulation grounds
2.1. Depending on the aggregate state of waste, it is accumulated on special stationary grounds in production or auxiliary facilities (warehouse, storeroom); in
2.2. Special grounds for accumulation of waste are installed in the territory of industrial sites of the Company’s business units.
2.3. Stationary grounds for waste accumulation must be fit out with relevant signs, hard surface (crushed stone or reinforced concrete slabs),
2.4. Grounds for waste accumulation of the Company’s mobile brigades must be fit out with hard flat knotless surface of a production site, relevant signs,
2.5. In case
- the limit of waste accumulated on the ground must not exceed the amount established by WGDL; in case of approaching the limit of waste amount, measures for its immediate removal must be taken;
- intrusion of waste in sewage and in the territory adjacent to waste accumulation grounds must be eliminated.
2.6. Open storage of friable and volatile wastes indoors is prohibited.
3. Requirements to tanks (containers) for waste accumulation
3.1. Tanks (containers) must have covers to prevent waste from soaking and swelling.
3.2. Tanks (containers) must have inscriptions about their purpose, type of accumulated waste and inventory numbers (if necessary).
3.3. Capacities and types of tanks are determined by the limit amount and limit period of accumulated waste.
4. Requirements to waste transportation
4.1. Transportation of waste between places (facilities) of their production, accumulation, utilization and disposal is performed by
4.2. Transportation of waste which is a hazardous cargo is performed in compliance with the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR) dated
4.3. Construction of vehicles used for waste transportation must eliminate the possibility of occurrence of emergencies, loss of waste, pollution of the environment and infliction of harm to people’s health, utility or any other facilities on transport routes and during cargo handling operations.
4.4. Works related to loading, transportation, unloading of waste must be highly mechanized.
4.5. Vehicles must be equipped with special signs.
4.6. Transport for semiliquid (slurred) wastes transportation must be equipped with a discharge hose.
4.7. Transport for friable waste transportation must be equipped with a dumper and a valance.
4.8. Transport for waste encased in a
4.9. When transporting waste in a transport unit, in addition to the documents stipulated by the traffic rules of the Russian Federation, there must be:
- a copy of the waste passport issued in the prescribed manner;
- documents for transportation and transfer of waste with an indication of the amount of waste transported, the place and purpose of its transportation (travel document, documents of primary accounting of waste, consignment note, etc.);
- a special permit for the movement of heavy,
large-sizedvehicle in case of exceeding the admissible limits for the transportation of dangerous cargoes established by the shipping rules.
4.11. The owner of the vehicle is responsible for preparation of the vehicle for wastes transportation. The person designated to accumulation of wastes in a business unit that removes waste is responsible for waste preparation for transportation.
5. Requirements to containers used for waste transportation
5.1. Containers must be made and covered in such a way as to eliminate any leaks of contents in normal conditions of transportation, in particular, in case of temperature, air humidity and pressure changes.
5.2. The inner container must be placed into the outer one in such a way as to prevent its rupture and leak of contents into the outer container. If there is a risk of excess pressure caused by liberation of gas, vents can be installed on containers, provided that the amount of evolved gas is not hazardous by its toxic, flammable and other characteristics.
5.3. In order to prevent leak and deformation of a container by expansion caused by the change of temperature during transportation, it is necessary to leave some space when filling a container with liquid (underfilling).
6. Requirements to landfills
6.1. In business units of the Company, which have landfills for solid consumption and industrial waste, including a landfill for oil sludge utilization at the
- List of waste, subject to disposal at a landfill;
- regulations and operation mode of a landfill approved by the head of a business unit;
- instructions on acceptance of waste at a landfill approved by the head of a business unit;
- schedule of natural environment monitoring in the territory of a possible negative impact of a landfill;
- Programs of industrial control over sanitary rules and fulfillment of
sanitary-epidemiological(preventive) measures at a landfill approved by the head of a business unit.
6.2. Industrial environmental control over waste disposal facilities, including landfills for solid consumption and industrial waste of the Company is performed in compliance with the project documents, certified by the State Environmental Expert Commission, and includes analytical (instrumental) control over the condition of subsurface and surface waters, atmospheric air and soil in the territory of a possible impact of facilities. Reports on monitoring results are annually sent to regional departments of Rosprirodnadzor.
7. Requirements to personnel permitted to collection, transportation, treatment utilization, neutralization and disposal of waste of hazard classes
7.1. Personnel permitted to collection, transportation, treatment utilization, neutralization and disposal of waste of hazard classes
- have professional training proved by certificates enabling to work with waste of hazard classes
- be taught the rules of safe waste management developed by the Company as well as instructions on occupational and industrial safety in a workplace;
- have work clothes, shoes, security facilities which provide safe waste management;
- know symptoms of possible acute poisonings, methods of first aid applied when getting poisoned or traumatized in the process of work with waste.
7.2. Conditions under which the personnel cannot be permitted to work with waste:
- absence of the permit to unsupervised work;
- absence of necessary work clothes and security facilities;