The Environmental policy represented by the environmental principles which are binding for «Surgutneftegas» PJSC in the course of its business activities and adherence to the concept of sustainable development in modern conditions as well as Policy on interaction with the
The Environmental policy is brought to the attention of each employee of the Company and is implemented throughout the recognition of the contractual obligation of the contractors, subcontractors and suppliers of the Company in the field of environmental protection in the areas of its operations. The Environmental policy is subject to revision, adjustment and improvement in case the Company changes its development priorities and operational conditions.
Basic principles of the Environmental policy of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC
- Systematic minimization of the negative environmental impact of technological processes and mitigation of the environmental risks through implementation of the best available technologies as well as scientific and technical achievements.
- Giving priority to prevention of a negative environmental impact as compared to mitigation of the consequences of such an impact.
- Maintaining industrial and environmental safety in line with
up-to-dateinternational standards and requirements.
- Rational use of natural resources based on implementation of innovative environmentally friendly and resource saving technologies.
- Systematic control over compliance with industrial and environmental safety requirements.
- Preservation of the primordial environment, traditional way of life, housekeeping and industries of the indigenous people of the North.
- Environmental monitoring in the areas of the Company’s operations.
- Improvement of the environmental activity and environmental management system in the Company’s divisions.
- Improvement of the personnel’s environmental skills.
- Cooperation with parties concerned, public organizations and the media.
- Transparency of the Company’s socially significant environmental efforts.
To adhere to the basic principles of the Environmental policy, the Company undertakes the following responsibilities:
- Adhere to the requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation in the fields of environmental protection and sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population.
- Conduct a strategic environmental assessment while implementing
large-scaleinfrastructure projects of the Company.
- Conduct a comprehensive environmental impact assessment (EIA) of projects from construction to decommissioning.
- Assess environmental risks while developing project documentation for the construction of facilities in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Ensure efficient environmental activity and improve its control system.
- Improve industrial and environmental safety at the Company’s facilities, assume required measures to mitigate accident risk of oilfield equipment, including pipelines.
- Enhance energy efficiency of production processes at all production stages.
- Reduce motor fuel consumption and improve the environmental performance of the Company’s vehicles.
- Ensure rational environmental management, mitigation of a negative impact on the environmental components, compensation of possible damage to the environment.
- Implement the «green office» principles.
- Implement all possible measures on biodiversity conservation, preservation of animal migration paths in the areas of operations, timely reclamation of disturbed lands as well as reduction of natural landscapes fragmentation by laying linear facilities in the existing utility line areas and placing site facilities on previously disturbed lands within existing industrial sites.
- Avoid carrying out works in the territory of World Natural Heritage sites and wetlands having special significance and in specially protected natural reservations when designing site structures and oilfield infrastructure facilities. In the absence of such a possibility — observe special mode of business activity.
- Take account of interests and rights of the
small-numberedindigenous peoples to lead the traditional way of life and preserve their traditional settlement territories historically inhabited by their ancestors.
- Observe current rules and standards of the Company’s employees’ conduct in specially protected natural reservations and waste management requirements, demand observance of these rules and standards by contractors.
- Organize regular professional and environmental training of the Company’s employees.
- Ensure wide accessibility of environmental information on the Company’s business activities, transparency of environmental management and decisions made in this area.
- Apply environmental standards of the Company to the activity of contractors.
This Environmental policy is among the Company’s priorities and is brought to notice of each employee of the Company.
The Environmental policy, which expresses the position of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC regarding the environment and adherence to the principles of sustainable development in modern conditions, is the basis of the Company’s development strategy and planning of its activity in the field of environmental protection for short and
The Environmental policy is carried out by means of fixing in the contracts the responsibilities of contractors, subcontractors and suppliers of the Company in the field of environmental protection in the areas of its operations.
The Environmental policy is subject to revision, adjustment and improvement in case the Company changes its development priorities and operational conditions.