Nowadays, mitigation of a negative environmental impact of business activity on the environment is one of the
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC is one of the leaders in Russian oil and gas industry. The name of the Company is always associated with stability, reliability, high technological and economic efficiency, compliance with modern industrial and environmental safety requirements, and high social responsibility.
The Company strictly follows environmental legislation of the Russian Federation, takes into account principles of international conventions and treaties. In 2017, the Company’s investments in environmental activities exceeded RUB 21 billion.
According to the corporate Environmental policy that meets the top-
«Surgutneftegas» PJSC advocates developing
For four years running, «Surgutneftegas» PJSC has been among the top three of the Rating of environmentally responsible Russian oil companies compiled annually by «CREON» group with the participation of the World Wildlife Fund of Russia and the National Rating Agency.
Basic principles of the environmental policy of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC
- Systematic mitigation of a negative environmental impact of technological processes and environmental risks through implementation of the best available technologies as well as scientific and technical achievements
- Giving priority to prevention of a negative environmental impact as compared with mitigation of the consequences of such an impact
- Maintaining industrial and environmental safety in line with current international standards and requirements
- Rational use of natural resources based on implementation of innovative environmentally efficient and resource saving technologies
- Systematic control over compliance with industrial and environmental safety requirements
- Preservation of the primordial environment, traditional way of life, housekeeping and industries of the indigenous people of the North
- Environmental monitoring in the areas of the Company’s operations
- Improvement of the environmental activity and environmental management system in the Company’s divisions
- Improvement of the personnel’s environmental skills
- Cooperation with parties concerned, public organizations and the media
- Transparency of the Company’s socially significant environmental efforts
The Company’s responsibilities
To implement the basic principles of the Environmental policy, the Company undertakes the following responsibilities:
1. Adhere to the requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation in the fields of environmental protection and sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population.
2. Assess environmental risks while developing project documentation for the construction of facilities in ecologically sensitive areas.
3. Conduct a comprehensive environmental impact assessment (EIA) of projects from construction to decommissioning.
4. Conduct a strategic environmental assessment while implementing
5. Ensure efficient environmental activity and improve its control system.
6. Improve industrial and environmental safety at the Company’s facilities, assume required measures to ensure integrity of oilfield equipment, including pipelines.
7. Enhance power efficiency of production processes at all production stages.
8. Reduce motor fuel consumption and improve the environmental performance of the Company’s vehicles.
9. Ensure rational environmental management, mitigation of a negative environmental impact, compensation of possible damage to the environment.
10. Implement «green office» principles in each administrative building of the Company’s headquarters and business units.
11. Implement all possible measures on preservation of biodiversity, animal migration paths in the areas of operations, timely reclamation of disturbed lands as well as reduction of natural landscapes fragmentation by laying linear facilities in the existing utility line areas and placing site facilities on previously disturbed lands within existing industrial sites.
12. Avoid carrying out works in the territory of World Natural Heritage sites and wetlands having special significance and in specially protected natural reservations when designing site structures and oilfield infrastructure facilities. In the absence of such a possibility — observe special mode of business activity.
13. Take account of interests and rights of the
14. Observe current rules and standards of the Company’s employees’ conduct in specially protected natural reservations and waste management requirements, demand observance of these rules and standards by contractors.
15. Organize regular professional and environmental training of the Company’s employees.
16. Ensure wide accessibility of environmental information on the Company’s business activities, transparency of environmental management and decisions made in this area.
17. Apply environmental standards of the Company to the activity of contractors.
This Environmental policy is among the Company’s priorities and is brought to notice of each employee of the Company.
The Environmental policy, which expresses the position of «Surgutneftegas» PJSC regarding the environment and adherence to the principles of sustainable development in modern conditions, is the basis of the Company’s development strategy and planning of its activity in the field of environmental protection for short and
The Environmental policy is carried out by means of fixing in the contracts the responsibilities of contractors, subcontractors and suppliers of the Company in the field of environmental protection in the areas of its operations.
The Environmental policy is subject to revision, adjustment and improvement in case the Company changes its development priorities and operational conditions.